POV-Ray : Newsgroups : moray.win : Import howto? : RE: Import howto? Server Time
1 Jul 2024 03:47:34 EDT (-0400)
  RE: Import howto?
From: Txemi Jendrix
Date: 24 Sep 2002 12:55:20
Message: <3d9098f8$1@news.povray.org>

3d8fff6f@news.povray.org...
> "Txemi Jendrix" <tji### [at] euskalnetnet> schrieb im Newsbeitrag
> > It takes an .obj file and exports it to mesh or mesh2 creating
> > a .pov, .inc and mat-inc.files and an UDO object if you wish.
> Is the output the enhanced UDO with facets?

You can choose between the UDO object as a box or the UDO object
as detailed as your original object (with facets).

> > Then you only have to open the udo in Moray.
> > If you want to change the texture open the xxxx-mat.inc
> > file in pov and edit the texture declaration.
> Does it mean I cannot use the Moray material editor anymore?

The .inc file contains the geometry and UV data.
The mat.inc file contains the textures declarations for the
UV data.
The UDO file points to the .inc file.
So you cannot modify the mat.inc file from material editor.
(you can always create your textures in Moray and cut and
paste 'em in the mat.inc file)

Bye

Txemi Jendrix
tji### [at] txemijendrixcom